Dr. Rizalino B. Cruz is an Associate Professor at the National College of Public Administration and Governance (NCPAG) of the University of the Philippones Diliman. He teaches courses in public policy and program administration, Philippine administrative system, program and project development and management, research methods in public administration, public policy analysis, and program and project implementation, among others. His academic specializations include public policy studies, urban planning and land administration, and program and project management.
His current research focuses on the intersection of sustainability, energy, policy, and institution. He is involved in research projects including those dealing with climate change adaptation, climate financing, and blue carbon ecosystems. He also authored the article entitled “Harnessing Geo-Information Technology for Community Empowerment and Identity: The Case of the Bukidnon Tribe in the Philippines” published in the Philippine Journal for Public Administration (PJPA) among other articles.
Dr. Cruz is a former Director of the Center for Policy and Executive Development (CPED) and is currently an affiliate faculty of the Center for Leadership, Citizenship, and Democracy (CLCD).
PhD in Public Administration
Reubin O’D. Askew School of Public Administration and Policy
Florida State University
Tallahassee, Florida, 2014
Master of Science
Urban Planning and Land Administration—Geo-Information Management Inter-specialization
International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
Enschede, Netherlands, 2004
Master in Public Policy
Graduate School of Policy Science
Saitama, Japan, 1998
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City
- Office Address: Room 203-I, NCPAG Building, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City 1100
- Telephone No.: +63 (2) 981-8500 local 4170
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cruz, R. B. (forthcoming). The Politics of Land Use for Distributed Renewable Energy Generation. Urban Affairs Review.
- Cruz, R. B. (2015). Contracting: Political Markets. In D. A. Bearfield & M. J. Dubnick (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy (3rd ed., pp. 623–630). New York: Taylor & Francis.
- Widen, H. M., Elsner, J. B., Cameron, A., Cruz, R. B., Fraza, E., Michaels, L., Migliorelli, L., Mulholland, B., Patterson, M., Strazzo, S., Xing, G. (2013). Adjusted Tornado Probabilities. Electronic Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology, 8(7), 1-12.
- Abrina, A.F., de Vera, J.P., Cruz, R.B., Cariño, L.V., and Briones, R.M. (2013). AFNR Education in the Philippines: History, Context, and Trends. In R.M. Briones and M.B. Carlos (Eds.), Higher Education in Agriculture: Trends, Prospects, and Policy Directions (pp. 13-49). Manila: Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS) and Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD).
- Abrina, A.F., de Vera, J.P., Cruz, R.B. (2013). Profiles and Perceptions of AFNR Human Resources in the Philippines. In R.M. Briones and M.B. Carlos (Eds.), Higher Education in Agriculture: Trends, Prospects, and Policy Directions (pp. 51-89). Manila: Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS) and Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD).
- Cruz, R. B. (2009). Harnessing Geo-Information Technology for Community Empowerment and Identity: The Case of the Bukidnon Tribe in the Philippines. Philippine Journal of Public Administration, 53(1–2), 99–117.