The Center for Public Administration and Governance Education (CPAGE) is responsible for the implementation of NCPAG’s mission to be the center of excellence in public administration and governance education and is headed by the College Secretary. The CPAGE administers the following degree programs of the College:
Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA)
- provides students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills in public management
- instills the values of accountability, service, and integrity
- prepares students for careers in the public service both in government and non-government organizations.
Diploma in Public Management (Dip PM) Program
- designed for professional and technical personnel of government agencies interested in acquiring more skills and learning new techniques in public administration.
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- provides researchers, professionals, policy advocates, decision makers, and administrators with advanced education in public administration and governance
- prepares them to assume higher responsibilities in public service.
In three tracks:
MPA Plan A
- requires the completion of 30 units plus 6 units of Master’s thesis.
MPA Plan B
- allows a choice of courses under any of the following fields of specialization:
– Organization Studies
– Fiscal Administration
– Local Government and Regional Administration
– Public Policy and Program Administration
– Public Enterprise Management
– Voluntary Sector Management
– Spatial Information Management.
- requires the completion of 36 units and passing a comprehensive examination.
MPA Plan C Mid-career Program
- designed for leaders and managers who want to develop their competence and capability in policy-making. Applicants to the program must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and occupy high ranking executive positions in the three branches of government, at the national and local government levels, and in government corporations.
Doctor of Public Administration (DPA)
- enables highly qualified professionals to assume leadership positions in academic, research, government, and non-government organizations;
- requires the writing and defense of a dissertation in Public Administration and Development.