Dr. Maria Fe Villamejor-Mendoza is Professor and current Dean of the National College of Public Administration and Governance, University of the Philippines Diliman. She has been working to strengthen institutions, by serving among others, as Deputy Secretary-General of the Eastern Regional Organization for Public Administration (EROPA), an international organization of state, institutional and individual members for the promotion of development through Public Administration; Secretary-General of the Association of Schools of Public Administration in the Philippines (ASPAP); Member of the Board of Trustees of Philippine Society for Public Administration (PSPA); Member of the Steering Council of the International Institute of Administrative Sciences Asian Group of Public Administration (IIASAGPA); Member of the Technical Committee on Public Administration of the Commission on Higher Education, and recently, Member of the ASEAN University Network-Disability and Public Policy Network (AUN-DPPnet). She is also Chair of the Inter-Agency Committee on Governance Statistics of the Philippine Statistics Authority, Member of the Multi-Stakeholders’ Advisory Council of the Governance Commission for GOCCs, Member of the Philippine Evaluation Team to the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC), Member of the Philippine Open Government Partnership (PH-OGP) Steering Committee, and Member of the UNDESA Task Force to Mainstream Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Public Bureaucracies of Asia and the Pacific.
She has been recipient of numerous awards for the researches and books, book chapters and journal articles she has written, edited/co-edited on such topic as regulatory governance, competition and regulation, particularly of electricity markets; public sector reform, particularly, public enterprise reform, public-private partnership, privatization and public corporate governance; open universities and open educational resources in the 21st century learning; heritage conservation; resilient cities, e- governance, climate change adaptation and mitigation, and the quality of government services. The most recent of these awards and recognition are the 2016 National Book Award by the National Academy of Science and Technology, the 2016-2018 One UP Professorial Chair Award for Regulatory Governance, the 2018 Best Paper Award in the Climate Change and Communications conference in Graz, Austria and the 2018 UP Centennial Faculty Grant.
She is currently the President of the Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society- Philippine Alpha Chapter, and is included in the 1991 eleventh edition of The World’s Who’s Who of Women, published by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Doctor of Public Administration, University of the Philippines
- M.A. Development Studies, Institute of Social Studies, The Netherlands
- M.A. Demography, University of the Philippines
- B.S. Education (major in Mathematics), summa cum laude, Philippine Normal University
- UP-Commission on Audit (COA) Professorial Chair
- UP Centennial Professorial Chair Award in 2011
- UP Faculty Research Grant in 2009 and 2013
- UP International Publication Award in 2005 and 2009.
- Included in the 1991 eleventh edition of The World Who’s Who of Women, published by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Phone: (+632) 9283861; 9285411; 9818500 loc. 4152
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maria-fe-villamejor-mendoza/8/101/514