Dr. Maria Fe Villamejor-Mendoza is Professor of Public Administration and Dean of the National College of Public Administration and Governance (NCPAG) since 2013, teaching courses on public policy, public enterprise management, development models, theories of administrative systems, and research methodology among others. Her specializations include anti-graft and corruption, competition and regulation (especially electricity markets), democratic governance, e-learning, quality assurance and curriculum design, environmental protection and conservation, land laws and planning for development, poverty alleviation, public corporate governance, reform, privatization, and public-private partnerships (PPPs), and regulatory governance.
Professor Mendoza was formerly Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (2010 -2013) and Dean of the Faculty of Management and Development Studies (2007-2010) of the University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU). She rose from the ranks (Senior Research Assistant) and has been involved in various research, training, consultancy and extension services of the NCPAG since 1983. The latter were carried out in partnership with local and international partners, among them, the UN Development Programme, UNICEF, US Agency for International Development, Asian Development Bank, Ford Foundation, Australian Agency for International Development, Department for International Development, British Council and SEARCA; government departments and bureaus such as the Departments of Interior and Local Government, Environment and Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Finance.
She has published a number of books, book chapter, journal articles, policy monographs and working paper series on such topics as Privatization, Liberalization and Public Sector Reform, Competition and Regulation of Electricity Markets, Influencing Public Policy, Making Regulation Work for Global Learning Community, Corporate Governance, Economic Strategies and Reform Measures for Philippine Competitiveness, and Equity and Fairness in Public-Private Partnerships.
Dr. Mendoza is a member of various distinguished honor societies and associations, e.g., the Netherlands Fellows Foundation, Inc., the UP Alumni Association, the UP NCPAG Alumni Association and the Philippine Normal College/University Honor Society, and the Phi Gamma Mu International Honor Society.
- Doctor of Public Administration, University of the Philippines
- M.A. Development Studies, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague
- M.A. Demography, University of the Philippines
- B.S. Education (major in Mathematics), summa cum laude, Philippine Normal University
- UP-Commission on Audit (COA) Professorial Chair
- UP Centennial Professorial Chair Award in 2011
- UP Faculty Research Grant in 2009 and 2013
- UP International Publication Award in 2005 and 2009.
- Included in the 1991 eleventh edition of The World Who’s Who of Women, published by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England
- E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+632) 9283861; 9285411; 9818500 loc. 4152
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maria-fe-villamejor-mendoza/8/101/514