ONE NCPAG in 2014
Dean Maria Fe Villamejor-Mendoza
Ang nakalipas na taon ay puno ng pagsubok at pagbangon, unos at umagang dala ang pag-asa. Tunay na nagpakita ang mga ito ng karakter ng Pilipino- matatag, masayahin, magaling at resilient, anuman ang paghamon at panahon.
Sa mahal nating kolehiyo, bilang microcosm ng malaking lipunan, halos ganoon din ang nangyari. Nagkaroon tayo ng maraming paghamon, at noong Agosto, nagpalit tayo ng administrasyon. May mga isyung mala-Yolandang nagpabago ng ating mga pananaw sa buhay, sa mga problema, options at solutions sa mga hamong dumating. Sa mga paghamong ito, lumutang ang pagka-NCPAG nating lahat- mapagmahal sa ating mayamang tradisyong pampublikong pangagasiwa at may puso at kakayahang isulong pa ito, para sa bansa, sa UP at NCPAG, at para sa ating mga sarili.
Sa umpisa ng 5 buwangs nakaraan sa ating panunungkulan, sumabog ang 2 maiigting na isyu sa kolehiyo: ang GTFI at si Mark Solis. Sa ubod ng ating makakaya at sa tulong ng bawa’t isa, nagkaroon na ng opportunidad para matugunan ang mga ito.
1) The Committee chaired by Dr. Florano has already sent me its preliminary recommendations on how to more appropriately utilize the fund for faculty enhancement, MOOE and equipment acquisition, learning resources and scholarship;
2) The College Resolution compelling the Chancellor to provide us a copy of the Fact Finding Report has been submitted to the University Council and the Board of Regents, for their appropriate actions. In addition, the Chancellor has given the Dean an Excerpts of the Findings and Recommendations of the Committee;
3) A 2014-2016 Plan for the Utilization of the GTFI, consistent with the NCPAG Committee recommendations and BOR guidelines has been drafted by the Dean. It will be presented to the Faculty Council and submitted for approval by the Chancellor this month.
Kay Mark Solis naman:
1) The Fact Finding Committee headed by Dr. Domingo has submitted its Report, which the Dean has in turn, sent to the Chancellor;
2) A Student Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) has been formed by the Chancellor. Headed by Atty. Solomon Lumba of the College of Law, the SDT has been hearing the case of dishonesty and two counts of plagiarism against Mark Solis.
Sa 2 isyung ito, due process has started and at the appointed time, appropriate solutions or sanctions will be imposed.
May iba pang mga isyu o programang ating isinaaayos: 1) DPA @ UPV; 2) PA Reader; 3) publication of the PJPA 2011-2014 issues; 4) the HOR Scholarship Program; 5) the completion of the NCGG building and the reclaiming of the PARDEC building for use of our students, training participants, alumni and other constituents.
Gaya ng isyu ng GTFI at Mark Solis, sa takdang panahon at sa tulong nating lahat, ay maaayos ang mga ito.
Tayo rin ay nag-strategic planning at nilahad natin ang sa tingin nati’y mas maayos at ‘tuwid na daan’ upang tayo ay maging ONE NCPAG at maibalik, mapanumbalik at mapagpatuloy ang magandang nasimulan na- ang pagiging nag-iisang leader in PA education, research, extension and public service of UP NCPAG. Sana nga ay tuloy-tuloy na at maipatupad natin ang mga isinaplano at pinagbuhusan natin ng panahon, pag-iisip at puso, lalo na kung lahat tayo ay magkakapit-bisig at gagawa, sa tulong at gating ng mga centers at ating mga directors, Execom members at staff.
Let us move forward as one, with conviction, passion, commitment and love for NCPAG.
Marami ring magagandang nangyari nitong 2013:
1) Faculty and staff receiving awards and recognition for the College:
a) IPA for Drs. Alamapay, Brillantes, Domingo and Reyes, and researchers Macel Fernandez and Charlie Cabotaje;
b) CPC/FG for Drs. Domingo and Mendoza
c) More than a dozen faculty and staff presenting papers at international conferences in the USA, Korea, Japan (Drs. Alampay, Baylon, Brillantes, Co, Domingo, Florano, Mendoza, Ms. Fernandez, Mr. Cabotaje and Silarde)
d) Zita and our graduate students attending international training in Japan
e) Myzel passing the licensure exam for library science
f) Meron pa ba?
2) New appointments
a) Dr. Alex Brillantes as new CHED Commissioner and
b) Atty. Mark gamboa as UP System procurement Office Director
c) (with two continuing TSA: VP Popoy De Vera & SPMO OIC Dan Saguil)
a) Emir Diogene Mendoza as one of the Top Ten Anak Expat Ako Awardees
b) Kim De Leon as finalist to the Jose Rizal Award
c) Raymond Rodis, SC Chair, who is the very epitome of a servant leader
d) several of our graduate students presenting papers at international conferences here and abroad and presenting papers at our NGRC
e) NCPAG Students as Campus Integrity Crusaders
4) The College as a signatory and member to the State Commitment to the UNCAC
Marami pa pong achievers, achievements and milestones ang NCPAG in 2013 and all these will be reported in full in the 2013 Annual Report which we will consolidate starting this month.
Ngayong 2014, ano naman an gating gagawin maliban sa Performance-based Planning, Budgeting and Implementation, as mandated by law?
Ang sagot: ONE NCPAG- Onward NCPAG toward Exemplary Public Administration by
1) Exploring New paths in PA education, research, extension and public service, while
2) Continuing with our Best Traditions, Practices and Programs as
3) The Pioneer as well as Trailblazer, Innovator and Role Model for other schools of PAG in the country and in the region, in order to
4) Advance public sector reforms and alternatives and Advocate good policies and solutions to development problems so that in the end, we contribute to
5) Good government, good governance and the promotion of public interest, fairness and equity.
Gagawin po natin ito sa pamamagitan ng mga malilit at malalaking plano at initiatives. Among others, we hope the following will be up and running in 2014:
Academic Excellence in PA Education, Research and Extension, and Public Service
- Codification of Academic Policies and Processes
- Programming the Internationalization Partnerships, initially with Thailand, japan and Korea
- Publication of the 2014 Reader, 2011-2014 PJPA, and start of a PA Textbook Writing Project (with quality assurance and guidance, hopefully from two former deans, Dr. Chit Tapales and Prof. RBO)
- Start of Curriculum Revision of the DPA and the development of comparative PA courses in line with ASEAN integration
- Research Grant for Faculty, REPS and Students and more active research exploration as part of the SOS and EIDR programs of the University (+ acquisition of computers and other instructional enhancement aids for faculty)
- Expansion of the NGRC to NCPAG Research Colloquium (NRC) to include undergraduate students, alumni, faculty and other stakeholders and the conduct of a Research Congress by year end
- Student subsidy for paper presentation in international conferences and exploring new donors of student scholarships
- An international conference in PA and governance
- Upgrade of the GIS Lab and construction of the NCPAG Learning Café/Commons
- Regular Usapang NCPAG, Policy and Research Forums for knowledge sharing, critiquing and reflection
- Bureaucracy and Governance Watch (of relevant national and local agencies, CSO or private organizations) through open government and other accountability and performance monitoring initiatives
- Summer Institute for PA faculty and practitioners (for ASPAP, PSPA, EROPA, NCPAGAA, with the support of the UPPAF)
Of course we continue of our tried and tested best programs, and spice up what we do with a Wellness program.
Kung sa Ateneo e sabi nilang, “…let us be man for others” (di pa po sila gender-sensitive), tayo sa UP ay dapat ‘iskolar ng bayan para sa bayan’. Kahit na po tayo ay nasa Independent Republic of Diliman, alam ko pong gagamitin natin ang ating mga talino, galling at puso para isulong ang mga ito, tulong-tulong, sama-sama sa iisang NCPAG.
Let 2014 bring us new beginnings, new hope, challenges and openings that hopefully foster more closeness and belongingness to our shared aspirations for our beloved College.
Magandang umaga, manigong bagong taon at mabuhay po tayong lahat!